Monday, October 17, 2011

Marriage 401, Lecture 191: The first step is to assign blame


Me: Are you going to do that expense report and then come to bed so we can [wxyz]?

SH: Yes.

Me: Because I need to get some sleep. I don't want to stay up late.

SH: OK.

An hour later.

Me: Hey! I thought you were going to be down here half an hour ago!

SH: I started reading some things.

Me: You need to focus!

SH: We don't have to [wxyz] if you're too tired.

Me: Nope. I'm not too tired if you come to bed right now. Besides, I shaved my legs today and I don't want to waste it.

SH: Really, it's OK. I know you're tired.

Me: No! Come one.

SH: But if you're tired....

Me: Oh! Wait! You're too tired, aren't you?

SH: What do you mean?

Me: This isn't about me! This is because you're too tired but you want to make it my fault!

SH: Maybe.

2 comments:

Evelynne said...

I've been reading your blog for a while and I figured it was high time I said hello and let you know how much I enjoy it. I love the way you guys banter back and forth! You make me laugh out loud on a regular basis.

This post was especially hilarious since I can relate. :) I wouldn't want to waste shaving my legs either. :)

Class factotum said...

Evelynne, it's so nice to meet you!

And I agree - shaving the legs is such a pain in the neck that I want to maximize utility.