Thursday, October 13, 2011

Marriage 401, Lecture 216: Seeing the light


Me: I look so much better in this bathroom mirror.*

SH: What do you mean?

Me: The incandescent light bulbs are a lot more forgiving than those stupid bulbs you put in our bathroom.

SH: But those are environmentally responsible. It's the right thing to do.

Me: I hate them. I want you to change them.

SH: But the spirally bulbs are the right thing to do! Do you know how many watts we would be using with incandescent?

Me: Nope. And I don't care. I like the way I look this way.

SH: No. Our lightbulbs are the right thing to do.

Me: But if I liked what I saw when I looked in the mirror at my nekkid body, I would feel better about myself and that would mean more [wxyz].

SH: Oh. Well, maybe.



* The guest bath at Bonnie and Gary's lake HOUSE.

5 comments:

Michelle Z said...

That is so funny! I'm completely with you and "mood" lighting. I'm appalled by the lights they have in dressing rooms. Do they want me to buy that expensive dress? Well, I'm not going to do it if my chest looks wrinkly and my veins in my legs are showing because of that ridiculous lighting. Take note Nordstroms!

sharon said...

Very clever of you to play the xyz card, my dear. Who could argue with that!

Not only do I look bad under the pall of those wretched sprial bulbs, but the color of my walls look bad, too.....and I'm not sure which bothers me more.

So when my ecru walls turned pea-soup green, I took action, and slyly replaced every squiggly bulb when my very own SH wasn't looking. Some things are non-negotiable.

Thanks for the chuckle!

Class factotum said...

When we bought the place, there were no spial bulbs there... & being lazy, we didn't change them. Now I'm realizing that's why I like how I look in Wiscinsin....LOL!

babeck said...

So sorry! Yes, I'm lazy & didn't bother to change the lights to something more "green" after we moved in. Sometimes it all works out for the best..:-)))).... Also so sorry as I didn't notice that you didn't log out of my iPad before I posted tonight.... Love your post cause now I'm really noticing the light! ;-)

Class factotum said...

Michelle, if I owned a store, I would pay for good mirrors and flattering lights. Do they do no user testing in most stores?

Sharon, I could never switch ours out - SH is, unfortunately, way too detail oriented. I wish I could.

Bonnie, that's too funny that you commented as me! Next time I use your computer, I guess I should sign out!