Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Marriage 401, Lecture 413: The taxonomy of SH


SH: Hey! You're using the toothbrush I wanted!

Me: I just opened it. I haven't even used it. Take it. I don't care.

SH: Fine.

Me: Just put a new one out for me.

SH: Hey! What have you done with the toothpaste* and razor bins? [separate little bins that stack on a shelf in the bathroom closet]

Me: What do you mean?

SH: You moved those razors from the toothpaste bin to the razor bin.

Me: Because that's where they belong. Like with like, right?

SH: Not in this case.

Me: Why not?

SH: Because the razors don't fit.**

Me: Sure they do. I made them fit.

SH: Only if you slide the bin out instead of lifting it out.

Me: So? Isn't it more important to conform to your schematic of like with like? That's how you do food.

SH: This is different.




* Which also contains toothbrushes, of which we have many because SH loves couponing.

** Also because of SH's extreme couponing. We have enough razors for a tribe of yetis.

2 comments:

Fijufic said...

Ha!

Jen on the Edge said...

I have had to ban my husband from couponing for similar reasons. Just substitute "crappy processed frozen foods" for "toothbrushes" and that's what I was dealing with.