Sunday, November 20, 2011

Marriage 401, Lecture 897: Squeaky clean


Me: Thanks for doing the dishes all weekend, sweetie.

SH: Well...

Me: What?

SH: I only did them because I knew you wouldn't do it right.

Me: You are full of crap. What are you talking about?

SH: You made that soup with the marrow bones and the kettle was oily. I had to wash it three times! I knew you wouldn't be that careful.

Me: And still my cooking and dishwashing haven't killed you yet.


PS And those are roasted marrow bones you see in the photo, along with chimichurri sauce and cheese grits. There was peach cobbler for dessert. SH complains we don't eat out enough, but would you complain about not getting restaurant food if I were making your meals?

PPS I made harira, a Moroccan chickpea soup, with the marrow bones to which SH referred. It was so good. Not as good as the soup we had in Marrakesh at the stall where the locals ate and nobody cussed at us for politely saying "No thanks" when they asked us to eat at their stall, but still pretty darn good. I got the recipe from The Food of Morocco, by Paula Wolfert. I am trying the semolina pancakes next:

No comments: