Thursday, November 24, 2011

Marriage 401, Lecture 926: When I die, I may not go to Texas

This is not Threadgill's chicken fried steak.

Me: I can make you a prosciutto sandwich for the flight.

SH: Hey! You opened that prosciutto while I was gone! You're not supposed to eat the good food while I'm gone!

Me: You ate at Taco Cabana and at Threadgill's [when he was in Austin last week]. I'm allowed to have prosciutto.

SH: No you're not.

Me: Why not?

SH: Because I'm the one who makes the money around here. You're just a gold digger.

Me: So who's the dumb one?

This is a Threadgill's chicken fried steak accompanied with broccoli casserole and okra and tomatoes.

2 comments:

joel hanes said...

Best chicken-fried steak I ever had was just last summer: the OldWest Cafe in Sanger, just NW of Dallas/FtWorth.

From their Web site, I see they also have locations in Bedford, Denton, and Grapevine.

Class factotum said...

See, I need to go with SH to Dallas on a work trip so I can try this place out.