Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Marriage 401, Lecture 712: Sexy is as sexy does


SH: I thought you took the polish off your nails.*

Me: I did. I repainted them myself.

SH: Oh. Yeah. You're not very good at that.

Me: It's my right hand. It looks bad because I'm right handed. Oh. Wait. My left hand looks bad, too. I guess I'm not very good at this.

SH: I wasn't looking for a glamor girl when I met you. Good thing.

Me: What were you looking for?

SH: I don't know.

Me: You probably weren't looking for me.

SH: Nope.

Me: So what happened?

SH: You were interesting and the [wxyz] was good.**

Me: And then you got stuck with me.

SH: Yep.




* From the birthday manicure I got with Kim in San Francisco.

** When my dad was dying, I asked him what had attracted him to my mom, thinking I would hear some deathbed wisdom. Instead, I got, "She was sexy."

1 comment:

Tish Jett said...

Awww, lovely. And, of course, funny.

Sometimes we're looking for someone specific, but we don't know it. That's been my experience.

xo,
Tish