Saturday, December 03, 2011

Marriage 401, Lecture 98: What the meaning of "a lot of money" is


Let's contrast these two scenarios, shall we?

1. The incandescent light bulbs in the bathroom issue - read the story here.

2. The FSA issue, which is this.

SH: You only want to put $100 into the FSA for 2012?

Me: Yes.

SH: But that's almost nothing.

Me: I am not anticipating many medical expenses, especially now that I figured out that it was caffeine causing my headaches.*

SH: It's hardly worth it.

Me: $100 means at least $25 back.

SH: That's only $25.

Me: That's five beer units.

And had I been quicker, I would have known to remind SH that he freaked out at the idea of spending an extra six dollars a year on electricity.

And then there was the email I got from SH ten minutes after I wrote this post:

Friday Night Lights is $12.99 today! I'm ordering it.

Every season is $12.99 right now, so we could have saved about half of a beer unit on season 4 as well.


* I.e., there will be no $400 visits (co-pay $20) to the neurologist and no more $140 copay drugs that don't stop my headaches but do make me gain weight and lose hair, which is the opposite of what I would like. Now the only headache drama in the house is trying to get the timing right for SH's caffeinated coffee vs my decaf. Who gets the coffee maker on which day?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just get a small 4 cup coffee maker for your decaf!

Kikita said...

Do you have Netflix?
Because every season of Friday Night Lights is currently available for streaming...

Class factotum said...

Anon, we do have a one-cup coffee maker that SH got on woot.com that we sometimes use.

Kikita, we now own seasons 3, 4 and 5, so we're good.