Sunday, December 18, 2011

Wisconsin 101: Menards I wish I could quit you


SH: It's getting more and more complicated. There are so many places I have to boycott.

Me: Good. We don't need any more stuff. You don't need to shop.

SH: I bought the tree at Menards.

Me: I thought you were boycotting Menards.

SH: I am.

Me: So?

SH: It was the only place with little trees.

Me: That's what it takes for you to violate your principles? A small Christmas tree?

SH: Well, the trees are grown in the US. It's a made in America product. I noticed that most of their items are, actually.

Me: What do you mean, you noticed? Did you go into the store?

SH: Yes. Just to look.

Me: And how was it?

SH [wistfully]: I miss Menards.


Photo credit: The Big Factotum

2 comments:

Tish Jett said...

I don't know what I would do without my daily dose of you.

CF said...

I don't know what I would do without your encouragement and praise!