Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 157: Where is the "off" switch?


SH: You listen to this station?

Me: Yes.

SH: But they are [not of your political beliefs].

Me: But the local hosts are good and they get good guests and they have interesting discussions.

SH: If you like listening to people talk about politics, why don't you like talking about it with me?

Me: I don't like arguing about politics.

SH: But why do you listen to talk radio and not want to talk to me?

Me: I can turn off the radio.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh I can so relate. Haha-- the word verification for this post is "blable," which strikes me as the perfect word to describe how my husband talks about politics. As in, "Then he blabled on and on all evening!" Love the blog.

Class factotum said...

Thank you, Kathy. Yes, there is a lot of blable. I love my husband, but politics is not my favorite.

Fijufic said...

Oh boy!

Gaylin said...

Yes!