Saturday, January 28, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 958: Priorities


SH: We could finish the movie.*

Me: Good.

SH: Or I could go running.

Me: Um-hmm.

SH: Or I could watch [some political thing].

Me: Oh that would be swell.

SH: Or we could [wxyz].

Me: If you really wanted [wxyz], you would have put it at the top of the list.

SH: What do you want to do?

Me: Watch the rest of the movie.

SH: So you don't want me to ignore you and go running and do political things?

Me: I don't care if you ignore me. Just do it after we watch the movie.


* We started the movie Rock Star last night. Yes, the story is a cliche. Yes, it's about a heavy metal band. But sometimes, there is a primitive appeal to heavy metal. Sometimes, it's fun to crank up AC/DC on the radio and roll down the window as you drive along the highway. There is a tiny little bit of rebellious teenage boy in all of us.

No comments: