Saturday, January 07, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 989: He's not responsible


After we pass through security on our way to Pittsburgh to Pete and Julie's.

SH: You have the sandwiches, right?*

Me: I thought you had them.

SH stops abruptly. Wheels around. Stares at me.

SH: What?!

Me: What do you mean, "What?"

SH: I wasn't in charge of them. I don't have them.

Me: But you always take them.

SH: Because you give them to me! I don't have them! And I'm hungry!

Me: Well, let's look at the cafe up there to see what our options are.

SH: No! We have to talk about this!

Me: What's there to talk about?

SH: It's not my fault! I'm not the one who was responsible!

Me: OK. I forgot the sandwiches. I'm sorry. Let's see what there is to eat.

SH: You're the one who made them and packed them. You're the one who's responsible.

Me: Fine. Whatever. Let's get something to eat.

SH: No! We have to deconstruct what happened and design a process to keep it from happening again!

Me: OK. How about this? You help me remember to take the sandwiches.



* The sandwiches I had made so we wouldn't be at the mercy of the airlines and the airport for food. Airport food is better now than it was 25 years ago, when the only option was Dobbs catering, at least in the Houston and Dallas airports, where I was stuck, but it's still not fabulous unless you are in Minneapolis or Miami. I would go to the Miami airport for La Carreta.

No comments: