Friday, February 17, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 298: Should be called the Rewindies


SH: That's a Corvair!

Me: So?

He grabs the remote.

Me: Do not rewind the movie! Stop!

SH: It is! It is a Corvair!

He rewinds again.

Me: Stop rewinding the movie to look at a car!

SH But it's cool!

Me: No it's not.

SH: It's COOL! Why is there a Corvair? You never see Corvairs in the movies!

Me: Could we watch the movie, please?

We also have to rewind when SH has missed dialogue, even if I tell him, "She said, 'X.' Don't rewind!" He never believes me, even though I am almost always right and when I'm not, it doesn't matter.

He misses dialogue because he is talking or eating or doing something that is NOT MY FAULT, yet I am the one who is punished for it.

5 comments:

Evelynne said...

But it's a Corvair!!! I take pictures of Corvairs when I'm out and about.

Class factotum said...

Evelynne, you and SH should watch movies together!

John0 Juanderlust said...

First car I totaled was a Corvair. Actually a 60 ford galaxy totaled it. Great car. Caused me be highly suspect of Ralph Nader and all other consumerists ever since.

Rubiatonta said...

My stepdad the engineer rewinds movies all the time. And he used to refuse to watch movies where people were speaking w/ non-American accents because he couldn't understand them.

I suggested that we try watching them with the closed-captions turned on, and now he's Downton Abbey's biggest fan. Go figure.

(He still rewinds for trains, though.)

Class factotum said...

John0, Nader owned stock in the other car company, I think, so didn't criticize their cars.

Rubi, it's like there is a unifying field theory of engineers where they all share certain characteristics.