Thursday, February 23, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 310: Where I rate


At 1:30 p.m.

SH: I think I'll take a shower.

Me: Stop that crazy talk, you fool. It's not even night yet.

SH: But Lindley (my friend from Memphis who is taking her son to Chicago to check out the U of Chicago, which is crazy because he is just a wee little boy and then is driving up here to spend the night with us - as I keep reminding my friends, Chicago IS CLOSE TO MILWAUKEE so quit telling me you're spent the weekend or the week in Chicago AFTER THE FACT), will be here in a little while. I should be showered and dressed before they get here.

Me: I suppose.

SH: Does it bother you that I am worried about being showered for Lindley and not for you?

Me: Yes.

SH: Well, you don't want me to be a slob around her!

Me: No! I want you to shower for me, too!

No comments: