Thursday, February 16, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 394: He gets me


SH: I got you this. [Hands me a small box from Blue Nile. That's always a good sign - that's how I got my diamond earrings our first Christmas together.]

Me: What is it?

SH: I got this to replace the one that broke last year.

I open the box to find a silver chain. I have a necklace SH bought me a few years ago that I have been unable to wear because the chain broke.

Me: That's perfect!

SH: I wanted to get it for Christmas, but then I decided to wait for a sale. And then I got a discount.

Me: Fine with me.

3 comments:

Evelynne said...

Thoughtful AND thrifty! I love it!

Beryl said...

You got jewelry! And it's jewelry he knows you like. (Sale, discount, nothing else matters.) (Except it's all part of why you're together.)

Class factotum said...

A friend asked on facebook if it counted as a Valentine's gift if he got a rebate. I wondered, "What kind of woman did you marry?" Bless his heart.

Yes, thrifty, discounted - that's how I like it. Me of the Tribe of We Who Do Not Waste.