Friday, February 24, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 687: See no evil


Me: Laverne has not shut up since I got home.

SH: She's noisy.

Me: And then there was cat vomit in the basement.

SH: Oh yeah. I saw that yesterday. I meant to tell you.

Me: Meant to tell me? Why didn't you just clean it up?

SH: Because I was scooping the box.

Me: So?

SH: So you asked me to scoop the box. You didn't ask me to clean cat vomit.

Me: That's because cat vomit is an ad hoc issue and the burden of cleaning it falls on the person who finds it.

SH: You didn't say anything about vomit.

Me: OK. From now and for always: if you see cat vomit, would you please clean it?

5 comments:

Sho said...

Hi, so this is totally random, but I was reading random entries in your blog and saw you mention Land's End several times. I recently purchased a down bathrobe from them (which I love) and they sent me a $15 off coupon (plus free shipping) for a $75+ purchase which I won't be using because I'm poor and moving to a country where they possibly don't ship to.

All of that to say, I hate wasting these things, and was wondering if you (or someone you know) want it? (for free of course). If so, let me know and I'll send you the code+pin. It expires end of March.

Also, I'm with you on the cat vomit. (But could totally see myself trying to get away with ignoring it...)

webb said...

What is it about men? You have to give them very specific directions ("if you see it, clean it") and then praise them to death for doing normal stuff - you know, like putting their dirty underwear in the hamper. I just do not get it...

Class factotum said...

Sho, I can't think of anything I want right now, but thank you for your offer. We're trying to avoid things made in China and Lands End seems to have moved a lot of their mfg there. Where are you moving?

Webb, I have almost the opposite problem (except for the vomit). I can't get SH to stop washing the dishes and bugging me while I'm trying to write. He is always looking for anything to do besides work! Plus he thinks I wash the dishes wrong.

Rubiatonta said...

At least SH *saw* the cat vomit. I usually find it on the carpet with my bare feet, if you get my drift.

Class factotum said...

Rubi, one time - this was when we first got the cats - one of them pooped on the bedroom rug - the rug I got in Morocco. In the middle of the night. All I knew was that I smelled something awful. I got up to check it out and almost stepped in it.

Fortunately, it has never happened again. If we had rug-pooping cats, I would have to seriously reconsider owning cats.