Monday, March 05, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 569: His whine is my command


As I am baking chocolate chip Nutella cookies (I swapped whole wheat flour for some of the regular flour, so they are not too decadent).

SH: The reason I didn't eat the cookie [the last of the rosemary cornmeal cookies I made last week] last night was because if I had eaten it, there wouldn't be any cookies in the house.

Me: Your logic is unassailable.

SH: I didn't know there would be a whole lot of cookies today.

Me: Except you were whining last night that there weren't enough cookies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

His logic makes perfect sense to me, too. I would save that last cookie for a cookie emergency. Except it would be better to finish off that last cookie if I know fresh cookies are arriving tomorrow.

Hmm, come to think of it, I do this all the time with bread (which we make at home) and with milk - use them liberally when there's a full bottle/loaf, and get progressively more stingy towards the end, until I know I'm ready to shop/bake more.

Class factotum said...

Anon, that's why it's important to have a good supply of dessert all the time. So you are not forced into dessert rationing.