Sunday, April 15, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 174: The model patient


SH: I'm sick.

I know that. I've been putting up with the whining and the moaning for several days now. One of the reasons (besides the fact that I just wasn't smart enough) that I decided not to try to go to med school was that I realized I don't like being around sick people. The past few days have confirmed my feelings.

Me: I'm sorry sweetie. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?

SH: No. My head hurts. My sinuses are stuffed up. I'm all congested.

Me: If only there were some kind of magic potion that would take away those symptoms. If only.

SH: What! Are you suggesting over the counter drugs?

Me: Crazy, I know.

SH: They don't do anything!

Me: Except you know, decongest.

SH: I don't take drugs. I'm not going to poison my body.

Me: And yet beer and wine are just fine.

1 comment:

webb said...

Another manifestation of that damaged Y chromosome. They would rather complain about being sick than do anything about it. I prescribe a large glass of wine taken hourly - for you.