Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 335: Saving money on shoes so I can buy more shoes


SH: Who are you calling?

Me: I'm trying to find someone to sell me heel taps.

SH: What are heel taps?

Me: You know. The rubber thing at the bottom of the heel of my cowboy boots. They're worn through on two pairs.

SH: Why not just take your boots to the cobbler?

Me: Because it's going to cost $15 a pair to have them replaced and they only cost about $1.50 for the taps.

SH: So did that place have them?

Me: She said they don't sell them.

SH: Does that mean they don't have them? Or that they have them but won't sell them to you?

Me: I don't know.

SH: Why didn't you find out?

Me: Because it doesn't matter. The only thing I need to know is that I can't get them from that store.

SH: It does matter.

Me: No it doesn't.

SH: Yes. Maybe you have a reason to be outraged if they have them but won't sell them. I think you should be outraged. It's a conspiracy to get you to pay the shoe repair guy $15 to do it.

2 comments:

webb said...

You know, he might actually be correct on this one!

Class factotum said...

Webb, I think it is all a conspiracy.