Saturday, April 21, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 696: Chip on my shoulder


SH: Hey! What are you doing?

Me: What do you mean?

SH: You can't eat the Pringles! They're mine!

Me: Watch me.

SH: You can't bring those upstairs! Those are basement food.

Me: Watch. [I climb upstairs, Dill Pickle Pringles can in hand.]

SH: You can't do that!

Me: Oh yes I can. [I eat a chip.]

While SH checks something on his phone, I eat another chip. Then I take the can back downstairs.

SH: Hey! Where are the chips?

Me: I took them back downstairs.

SH: But I was going to have some!

Me: You said they were basement food.

2 comments:

webb said...

I think you have chosen a good path - about the campaign. I agree wholeheartedly with you about "the spouse's opinion". It should not matter at all.

I do think tho that there is this weird thought "out there" that if the candidate cannot convince his/her spouse of the "rightness" of his/her position, then s/he is not a good candidate/legislator. I hate that idea, because it negates the value of the spouse (mostly still women) and says that people of good will cannot love each other while embracing different philosophies.

A couple who are dear friends of ours are a flaming liberal and an almost far-right conservative. They love each other, but vote very differently and support very different causes. It has nothing to do with their life together. Like you all.

I look forward to reading your posts after it's done. Good luck to your husband ... maybe!

Class factotum said...

Thank you, Webb. It will be an interesting time. Definitely it will be material!