Friday, May 04, 2012

Marriage 306, Lecture 120: The in laws

My sister: SH, could I pour you a cup of coffee?

SH: No. I'll do it myself. I have my own way of doing it.

My sister: How's that?

SH: I put in the half and half first because that way I don't have to stir it and I put in the amount I want.

My sister: Oh my gosh. You guys were made for each other.

SH: What do you mean?

My sister: When we were kids, she would ask me to get her a glass of water. I'd get it and she'd say, "You didn't do it right." How can you not make a glass of ice water right? Well, she'd say, "You have to put the ice in first! That way, the water runs over the ice and cools as it goes into the glass."

4 comments:

webb said...

So, what's her point? is she jealous that she didn't know that?

Class factotum said...

In her defense, I only had to tell her once, I think.

Alicia said...

SH is right about that being the correct way to make one's coffee, but he's wrong about why it's the correct way.

When you put your cream and sugar in the mug first, and then add the coffee, the action of the coffee hitting the white stuff makes everything blend together. If you put the coffee in first and then add cream and sugar, you have to find a flippin' spoon and STIR. Too much work!

I believe in entropy, and in encouraging it.

Class factotum said...

Alicia, it's easy to find the spoons in our house, but they are never stacked to SH's satisfaction.