Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 302: Clean sweep

Me: I tried to sweep it up -

SH: Wait. Which broom did you use?

Me: The one in the closet. Anyhow, I tried, but -

SH: You used the inside broom outside?

Me: Yeah. So anyway, I --

SH: That's the inside broom! You can't use it outside! You should use the outside broom for outside sweeping!

Me: What? What are you talking about?

SH: That's the inside broom. It's dirty outside. For sweeping outside, you should get the push broom from the garage.

Me: You're kidding.

SH: No! Now you got the broom dirty!

Me: It was the driveway! It's not that dirty!

SH: You're not supposed to use the inside broom outside.

Me: Whatever, Martha.

SH: She would agree with me, I know.

Me: Uh-huh.

SH: And don't use the upstairs broom in the basement. There's a separate basement broom.

Me: I am married to a crazy man.

9 comments:

MomQueenBee said...

Is your husband ever gone for several days at a time on "business trips"? I think we're married to the same man.

Charlene said...

Thank you for always making me laugh!!

Tamsin said...

I'm married to his Italian doppelganger - here's how I deal with it - if you never really master which broom to use where they prefer to do it themselves...

Jen on the Edge said...

I was going to leave a comment, but then I started laughing at MomQueenBee's comment and now I can't remember what I was going to say.

Class factotum said...

I think it's pretty clear we need to form a support group for Wives of Very Picky Men.

Alicia said...

I think I'm in love with SH. Use the kitchen broom in the laundry room? NEVER!!!

And I'll bet he tells you there's only one way to fold towels, too.

Class factotum said...

Alicia, he has not told me how to fold towels, but I no longer bother with his t-shirts because I never do them to his Sheldon satisfaction.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Man! Laughing here -- and DH is nodding, saying, "He's got it right."

Class factotum said...

Anon, I am convinced we need a support group. Look at these comments!