Saturday, May 19, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 314: Drinking problem

SH: Look what I got at Costco!

Me [dreading what I'm going to see next]: What?

SH: Well, I got the goat cheese and mozzarella you asked for. Blueberries were too expensive. I got vitamins*. And I found this!

Me: Not more wine.

SH: Yes, I got some wine, but I also got this bottle of bourbon.

Me: But you don't drink bourbon. I don't drink bourbon.

SH: Sometimes I do. And it was a good deal.

Me: How much?

SH: Only $30!

Me: But - we don't drink bourbon.

SH: Sometimes I have some.

Me: Like when? I've never seen you drink bourbon. You have hard liquor about twice a year.

SH: Sometimes I have it. So now I have some.

Me: Well, based on how much I've seen you drink, I'd say we're set for life for bourbon. So you don't have to buy any more, OK?

SH: Maybe not.





* AKA Eye of Newt.

4 comments:

ann.about.town said...

You were lucky - at least it was bourbon. I am the proud owner of a large jar of pickled vegetables. Swap for the bourbon?

Class factotum said...

Ann, if those pickled veg include cauliflower, I'll consider it. Bourbon does nothing for me.

TosaGuy said...

<----drinks bourbon

Class factotum said...

TG, we'll have it waiting for you.