Monday, May 07, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 428: Cheap fare


When I got this email, allegedly from American Airlines, who does not even know me any more -

Dear Customer,
FLIGHT NUMBER A814BN
ELECTRONIC 900134277
DATE & TIME / DECEMBER 18, 2011, 11:53 PM
ARRIVING / Chicago
TOTAL PRICE / 312.12 USD

Please find your ticket attached.
You can print your ticket.
Thank you

I called SH.

Of course I called him. You didn't expect me to walk from the kitchen upstairs to his office, did you? Besides, when I walk into his office, he gets anxious because I am letting the heat out and he barks, "Close the door! Close the door!" But then he always starts to talk to me again just as I am opening the door to leave, which means I turn back to answer him, one hand on the door I have just opened, which makes him anxious again, even though it's his own fault that the door is open.

Besides, we have unlimited minutes between the two of us.

I called him to ask if there was any reason I should have an email from American Airlines - which we don't even use because SH has his status on Delta and once you are hooked into that status, you will not go outside your airline - traveling to Chicago on December 18. [This was an old email.]

"Yep," he said. "I'm shipping you out."

"I don't believe you," I said. "You would never pay $312 to fly me to Chicago when you could put me on the bus for $25."

PS Yes, this is an old post. I wrote it a few months ago and never published it because I forgot.

1 comment:

webb said...

It's good to know one's worth!