Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 667: Bad gold digger

Me: That boyfriend from [Belgium in this story, Amsterdam in the link below when I was trying to be more discreet] found me on LinkedIn the other day.

SH: Oh?

Me: The first thing he did was try to get me to hire someone he knew.

SH: Why?

Me: He thought I could do him some good, but it's been over five years since I was laid off, plus I am not necessarily in the mood to do him any favors when it seems like the only thing he wants from me is a job. Then, when I told him I had gotten married, he told me congratulations on achieving my "master plan."

SH: Your master plan?

Me: Yeah! Like I had always wanted nothing more than to be married and not work! If that's all I'd wanted, why didn't I marry him? He had a lot more money than you do!

SH: Are you saying he is calling you a gold digger but that you are not a very good gold digger?

Me: Yes. If I were a good gold digger, I never would have married you. You're not rich.

SH: That's because you're not doing it right.

3 comments:

Evelynne said...

SH: That's because you're not doing it right.

Ohhhhh, that made me laugh out loud.

It was not quite clear to me before that there was an element of the facetious when SH says that in other situations, but now I think there must be. :) Or at least sometimes. :)

webb said...

It can be very disconcerting whwn the old boyfriend shows up on Facebook. After a couple of awkward exchanges, my old one and I agreed to unfriend each other. Too icky!

Class factotum said...

Evelynne, SH has learned to play to his audience!

Webb, I friended a high school boyfriend, but he only kissed me once and he came out a few years ago. So there is no ickiness.