Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 635: Shopping alone, II


SH accomplished the meat mission in record time, but then had to revert to type with his trip to Target later last night.

I got a phone call from him while he was there. "What color hair dye do you use?"

"Twenty four clove," I said. "But I have enough."

"No!" he said. "It's on sale for $7.99 and I have a coupon for $8 off two! That's less than half price for both of them!"

OK. Fine. Buy them.

Then I got up this morning and saw what else he had brought home.

Four boxes of razors. "On sale and I had coupons," he said.

A bottle of dish soap.

Two sticks of deodorant. "If I bought those, I got the dish soap free!"

The hair dye.

But wait. There's more. In the car.

"What's in the car?" I asked.

"Toilet paper."

Raised eyebrows.

"And paper towels. Which we'll use. Someday. Eventually."

3 comments:

webb said...

When we get down to only 12 rolls of toilet paper Mitchell panics and gets three dozen more ... just in case. I feel your pain.

Melissa said...

After Shirley's experience with the flowers, at least you had a use for the paper towels...

Class factotum said...

Webb, it's important to have a resupply point set, but 12 rolls might be a little high for effective inventory management.

Melissa, that is an appropriate use for paper towels. SH thinks paper towels are for all spills, but I maintain that cloth rags are fine except for bodily fluids, human and cat.