Thursday, July 05, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 115: You're not doing it right


Me: It's a good thing you didn't change the toilet paper at that party last week.

SH: What do you mean?

Me: They had the toilet paper coming from under.

SH: If I had seen it, I would have fixed it. I would have been doing them a favor.

Me: It's rude.

SH: It's doing the right thing. There are three possibilities:

1. They meant to have it the other way and made a mistake, so I'm doing them a favor.
2. They don't care and don't notice.
3. They want to have it the wrong way so I have to fix it for them.

Me: Thank you, Sheldon.

2 comments:

webb said...

I gave up on that argument years ago. How can anyone think it should properly come over the top??

Class factotum said...

See, I think it should come over the top, but I would never be so presumptuous to change the TP at someone else's house. So if I visit you, I will think to myself that you are doing it wrong, but I will not change your TP.