Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 337: Vous ne le faites pas correctement

As we are looking for the beignet stand at Bastille Days*

SH: The man approach is to look for an information stand or a flyer. The way CF does it is she just asks someone.

Me: That's because I want to find the beignets.

SH: Yeah, but I don't want to bother anyone.

Me: Because it's such an annoyance to have someone ask you where something is.

SH: The other thing is that I don't want to admit I don't know something.

Me: You are all concerned with the process. All I care about is the outcome. For you, if the process isn't authentic, you don't want it. Whereas I just want to get what I want as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

SH: That's because you're not doing it right.

Me: Yeah, but I get where I'm going a lot faster than you do.



* Yes, I know. I know that beignets and the Bastille have nothing to do with each other except they are both associated with the French language.

PS Microsoft translates "You're not doing it right" as "vous faites pas droite," which I think is not correct. Which would be ironic.

No comments: