Saturday, August 18, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 321: Root cause analysis


SH: You made spinach last night!

Me: Yes.

SH: But you didn't make any for me!

Me: Did you want me to? I knew you would be coming home too late to eat here.

SH: But I could have had it for lunch.

Me: Oh. But the pine nuts would be soggy.

SH: I don't care about that. You know I ate frozen foods* and Ramen when I was in the apartment. When I'm working, I don't have time to fix something - I just heat up whatever there is. I'm certainly not going to prepare any vegetables for myself.

Me: OK. I'll start making vegetables for you.

SH: But why didn't you make spinach?

Me: Because I didn't think of it.

SH: But why?

Me: Asked and answered, counselor.

SH: I don't understand why you wouldn't make any for me! You know I like sauteed spinach!

Me: And I shall make it in the future.

SH: But why didn't you make it last night?

Me: No amount of nagging or whining is going to make spinach appear in your past.



* For a man of such a sensitive palate, he ate some disgusting food when he was living alone. Hot Pockets and that genre are just nasty.

1 comment:

webb said...

Let me get this right ... he has time to re-heat it, but NOT to saute.? Definitely a y-chromosone thing