Monday, August 13, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 431: Stuff mover


Me: QUIT MOVING MY STUFF!

SH: What are you talking about?

Me: I just put this business card and these papers on the counter and now they are two feet away, stacked in the middle of the counter.

SH: Now they're neat.

Me: Now they're where I can't find them and where I would have forgotten about them if I hadn't noticed them just now.

SH: They were messy before.

Me: They were where I wanted them before! QUIT!

SH: Neat.

Me: You freak out - you almost have a heart attack! - if I get within one foot of your stacks of crap in your office.

SH: That's because I have my stuff the way I want it.

Me: SO DO I!

SH: But my stuff is in tidy piles. Yours is all over.

Me: QUIT MOVING MY STUFF.

3 comments:

Fijufic said...

Oh boy!

BethanyC said...

I've had this conversation before.

Class factotum said...

B, I'm telling you - I think hoarding differences are more stressful than political ones.