Thursday, August 16, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 487: Home work


The nice thing about being the person who leaves the house to go to work every day is that I am now the person who can expect the person who stays at home to do chores.

I come home from work now to find the bed made, the dishes done, the cats fed, the litterbox cleaned, the mail brought in and sorted, and the recycling emptied.

I also have discovered that if I leave a note, a magic elf takes care of other chores: returns books to the library, picks up groceries, and goes to Walgreen's for sudafed and feminine products.

I like delegating. My magic elf is doing a great job and I think I might be able to expand his services to doing the occasional load of laundry.

6 comments:

Evelynne said...

That sounds WONDERFUL. It's very cool that this is working out so nicely. :)

webb said...

My very favorite thing when Mitchell retired was that he took over grocery shopping. He actually likes it ... i don't!

Good luck keeping that high level of participation!

Gracie's Mom said...

I am so jealous! I can't get the cats to do Anything.

Class factotum said...

I left the laundry on the line overnight on Thursday and when I got home, it was folded. I like this part of working.

LPC said...

And I bet all laundry is PERFECTLY folded:).

Class factotum said...

LPC, yes, it is! I noticed last night when I was putting them away that they were folded far better than I ever fold them. Maybe he needs to be in charge of laundry folding laundry from now on.