Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 922: This was all his idea in the first place


SH: It's different with you at work every day.

Me: I know.

SH: The cats miss you. Laverne doesn't whine if you're not home. She only whines for you. She knows I won't put her out.

Me: You're mean to Laverne!

SH: I miss you, too.

Me: Thanks, sweetie.

SH: Before, you used to come home from the gym in the morning and you'd make me lunch.

Me: You can make your own lunch.

SH: Then you'd peel me an orange.

Me: You can peel your own orange.

SH: And the house used to be clean. Every Thursday night, the house would be really clean. I noticed this Thursday that it wasn't. I guess the house doesn't clean itself, huh?

Me: Nope. And you'd better come up with better reasons to miss me than you're having to prepare your own lunch and that you're having to make the bed now.

3 comments:

Fijufic said...

Oh boy...He just told you he missed you but doesn't mention the part about the emotional aspect...It is there between the lines.

He misses you trust me.

LPC said...

You and I really do live some weird parallel lives:).

Erika said...

oh, oh,oh (rolling in laughter)