Friday, August 10, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 965: Soap opera

The other day, when SH was gone at a wedding that I did not attend because it was on a Sunday and I would have had to take Monday off, which is not something I want to do with a brand-new job where I have already taken two weeks off and intend to take off time for my sister's wedding in a few months, I took advantage of his absence to discard the empty dish soap container. I even wrote about it on facebook.

I was happy that I had a chance to throw something in the recycling without SH 1. washing it out first (this is the man who uses soap and water to wash the measuring cup I use for soaking my biteguard in a mild bleach solution, even though I have pointed out that there are no fats or proteins that need to be emulsified and that mere rinsing with water should be sufficient) or 2. turning it over to drain it to get the last half a teaspoon of product.

Sometimes, you just want to throw something away without a lot of drama.

So I tossed it and then I put something on facebook about how I had tossed with without SH's interference.

That was Sunday.

Two days later, when I got home from work, this is what transpired.

SH: You threw away the detergent! I had to pull it out of the recycling to drain the rest of it!

Me: You read the post, didn't you?

SH: What are you talking about?

Me: You read what I put on facebook.

SH: You know I hardly ever read your facebook posts. [Yes, I am aware of that and slightly insulted.]

Me: I wrote about this. You did it because I wrote about it.

SH: Did what?

Me: Drained the detergent.

SH: No! I did it because you weren't doing it right.