Monday, August 06, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 966: Who's the gold digger now?


Me: Hey! You went to the fair today but didn't have time to water my flowers like I asked?

SH: I had work!

Me: But I emailed you right when I got to work! I noticed that my flowers on the porch were droopy. It wouldn't have taken you very long.

SH: Just scooping the box, making the bed, and washing the dishes - that's enough home stuff for the day, isn't it?

Me: Oh. Sure. I never did any more than that when I was the gold digger.

NB In his favor, SH did bring me some treats from the fair: a piece of Oreo cake, which does not contain Oreos (the cookies mothers who cannot bake feed to their children) but instead is a big hunk of chocolate cake covered in thick, fluffy, Cool-Whip-y frosting and sprinkled with chocolate cookie crumbles. He also brought me a little goat milk soap shaped like a sleeping cat. He had left it on my pillow for me to find. So I guess on the balance, he comes out ahead today.

No comments: