Thursday, August 09, 2012

Marriage 401, Lecture 994: The shoes, again



Me: I need the car tonight.

SH: Why?

Me: Because I have a meeting at city hall.

SH: But I need it. And it's only four blocks to city hall. Can't you walk?

Me: Not in the shoes I want to wear.

SH: So wear different shoes.

Me: But those shoes wouldn't go with my dress.

SH: So wear different clothes.

Me: That means that I get home from work at 6, after walking half a mile from the bus stop (in walking shoes that I take to work), eating supper, packing my lunch for tomorrow, packing my gym bag for tomorrow, and then changing clothes, thus adding yet another chore to my less than one hour of free time the entire evening.

SH: Why can't you wear the shoes you use to walk to the bus?

Me: Because they're ugly. And because I don't want to carry the other shoes. I don't want to carry a big ol' bag to city hall.

SH: Nobody will even notice.

Me: I will know.

No comments: