Friday, September 07, 2012
The working life: Good lessons
Important things I have learned this week:
1. Make sure you are logged out of LinkedIn before you googlestalk your old boyfriend's wife. Whom of course you know who she is because you know how to do research and who you think is not the woman he introduced as his wife when you ran into him almost 20 years ago. You could have sworn her name was Miranda and this wife is a Kate. And you thought you found a divorce record years ago, but now you can't. Thanks, State of Alabama for getting serious about internet security.
Of course you know all these things - you didn't have a job and were very, very bored.
You only googlestalked this week because you had a weird dream about the old boyfriend, which made you curious.
2. Riding the bus before and after regular work hours is easy, quiet, and free of drama.
3. Riding the bus at 7:30 p.m. is when the drunks start to come out.
4. Riding the bus at 3:18 is when all the kids get out of school. It's been a long, long time since I was on a bus with high school kids. Lord have mercy they are loud.
5. Men in the US spread their legs way too wide on the bus, too. They hog up half of my air space. It's not theirs. It's MINE. Keep your legs on your side of the leg space.