Monday, October 29, 2012

Marriage 501, Lecture 120: Too many chiefs


SH: Hey! The bathroom floor is wet!

Me: Yes. I just washed it.

SH: But I wanted to take a shower.

Me: So take a shower.

SH: But the rugs are in the hall!

Me: Put them back. They'll be OK.

SH: No, you put them back once I'm in the shower.

I ignored him, of course, and went on about my business, which was trying to vacuum the cat hair off the rug, a battle that will never end until the cats are dead, which I hope is a long time from now. Still, it would be nice to genetically engineer a non-shedding cat. I would have to clean about 99% less if we didn't have cats. 99.5% less if I didn't have a husband.

As I am vacuuming:

SH: Hey!

Me:

SH: Hey!

Me:

SH: HEY!!!

Me: WHAT?

SH: There's no bathmat here!

Me: I know.

SH: But I told you to move it.

Me: And I told you to move it first.

SH: But I changed that plan.

Me: If you want to be in charge of all housecleaning, go ahead.

SH: I don't want to be in charge. I just want to micromanage.

1 comment:

pam said...

ROFL. At least he's honest.