Sunday, October 28, 2012

Marriage 501, Lecture 23: No rest for the OCD



Me: What are you doing?

SH: Looking for that bacon. Did we put it in the freezer or not?

Me: I don't know.

SH: Here it is.

Me: Fine. Now would you please close the refrigerator?

SH: Wait! The cheese is all out of order! What do we have here?

Me: Oh my gosh. You are not going to inventory the refrigerator at 10:30 at night.

SH: Just the cheese. This is a mess.

Me: Why do you have to do this now?

SH: Because it's a mess!

Me: But if you are doing something like looking for an item in a box and I suggest that as long as have the box open,  you might as well deal with the rest of the contents, you tell me that dealing with the rest of the contents was not in the original scope and you're not going to have any scope creep.

SH: That's different.

Me: How?

SH: It just is.

Me: I can't stand this. I'm going to brush my teeth.

SH: I'm just about done. What do you think about [wxyz] tonight?

Me: Forget it. You used your [wxyz] time organizing the cheese drawer.       

1 comment:

Cipriano said...

Hilarious.
I'm not married, and this vignette does not necessarily make me lament that fact.