Thursday, October 18, 2012

Marriage 501, Lecture 23: The working life and the love life‏

SH: Are you going to wait for me to go to bed?

Me: No.

SH: Why not?

Me: Because my alarm goes off at 6 and it's already 9:30 and you're a liar about bedtime. I'm not waiting for you. I want to sleep.

SH: But what about togetherness?

Me: I don't care about togetherness.

SH: But what about [wxyz]?

Me: Don't care.

SH: You care more about sleep than you care about togetherness and [wxyz]!

Me: That is correct.

3 comments:

webb said...

So... what's his point? If he wants (xyz) he needs to get on YOUR schedule!

Erika said...

Are you sure you don't have a replica of my husband? That is SO our pattern also.

The other one - wanting me to watch television with him. Um - generally, I'd rather read a book or sleep. He could try putting on the wireless headphones (bought specifically for this purpose)....

Class factotum said...

Webb, I agree!

Erika - we might be married to the same man. He has been gone a lot lately.