Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Marriage 501, Lecture 54: Bad day

OK you guys. Not much to report because I spent the day at work working on the budget, which means tiny little details about numbers, which means I was miserable because I am a Big Picture Person and I hate hate hate working with tiny little precise details.

There is a reason I lasted only one year and one day in my corporate finance job and it's not just because the people running the department were inhuman who thought working from 7:15 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day was perfectly fine.

One of them had been sent to boarding school when he was four years old, so I guess you couldn't blame him.

But there you go. I was stuck working on the budget today because my boss quit one month after I started and he was the person in charge of the budget and the very sad thing is that I am the person most qualified in my group to do budgets.

And I am unqualified.

So I am tired. And SH is tired.

So we used our Noodles free coupon tonight and then came home and ate raw chocolate chip cookie dough from the freezer.

That is the working life.

1 comment:

kitchen towel bar said...

your blog is amazing. new follower!