Monday, November 19, 2012

Marriage 501, Lecture 312: Eagle eyes


Me: I don't know. Maybe I don't need my hair cut this Monday. What do you think?

SH: It looks fine to me.

Me: But can I go another two weeks without a haircut? [Because I am taking a trip for work the week after Thanksgiving.]

SH: Maybe.

Me: What do you think? Is my hair starting to look shaggy? Should I get it cut on Monday or not?

SH: I know this is going to sound bad, but your hair always looks the same to me. I can't tell when you do anything to it.

4 comments:

Sam Sattler said...

Thank god, I'm not the only one...but I've never had the guts to actually admit that to my wife.

webb said...

You have GOT to find a girl friend so you can get useful answers to life's imortant questions. That is, a girl friend who lives nearby.

Class factotum said...

I know, Webb. I miss my out of town friends so much!

Anonymous said...

You should get your hair cut before it starts to look shaggy. Your hair grows at a more or less constant rate and there will be an optimal interval between haircuts for you - for me it is eight weeks. After eight weeks my hair still looks ok but when the hairdresser starts cutting it, it is obvious that it really does need it. I make my next appointment before I leave the salon - I know I would never manage otherwise! --Anne in Oz