Monday, November 26, 2012

Marriage 501, Lecture 643: Walking the walk‏

SH: We can walk to the theater. [We are going to a movie at a theater for the first time in three or four years. When was the last time? We went to a movie on Superbowl Sunday a few years ago because the Packers weren't playing and if they're not playing, who cares about the game? Well, SH would care if the Steelers were playing. But nobody else. And that time, we went with movie passes I had gotten after I showed some ten year old AMC passes that SH had found at the bottom of a box when he for once threw some crap out and probably just re-arranged the rest. Much to my surprise, AMC gave us current coupons, which was completely unnecessary but very very nice. Although their incremental cost was nothing and there was the possibility that we would spend money on concessions. Which we did. Because SH was making the decision, not me. I NEVER buy stuff at the theater because - well, because you all know why: I am way too thrifty and scared of eternal poverty to spend $6 on 10 cents worth of popcorn.]

Me: I don't want to walk.

SH: But it's only ten blocks. 

Me: Ten blocks!

SH: That's ten minutes.

Me: I don't want to walk. Why can't we drive?

SH: The weather will be nice. We should take advantage of it while we can.

Me: Drive.

SH: Why do we live in a neighborhood where we can walk to things if we're not actually going to walk?

Me: So we can say we live in a neighborhood where we can walk to things. It sounds good.

No comments: