Sunday, November 11, 2012

Marriage 501, Lecture 663: We do not waste anything


SH: Maybe today I'll finish those shaving creams.

Me: Wait. You've been using them both?

SH: Yes.

Me: But I thought you were using one and were going to finish it, then finish off the other one. Why on earth would you use them in parallel? [They have been on the bathroom counter for weeks now. I do not like having toiletries on the counter. I keep my stuff in my drawer or beneath the sink. SH is of the "If there is counter space, why would I not use it?" school.]

SH: Each time, I get a tiny tiny bit out of one and a tiny bit out of the other.

Me: And throwing them away without emptying them completely would be -

SH: It's not the right thing to do.

2 comments:

Kimberlee Stiens said...

Honestly, I am also of the "If there's counterspace, why wouldn't I use it?" school also. Especially for toothbrushes. We brush our teeth at least every day, we're not ashamed of it... so why all the hiding of the toothbrushes? This was a major point of contention with an old roommate. :)

Class factotum said...

Kimberlee, we actually do leave the toothbrushes out. But we do put them away when we have people over.

Other than that, I like to have a spare, uncluttered space. Why I married a pack rat, I don't know.