Thursday, November 15, 2012

Marriage 501, Lecture 89: Rage rage against the dying of the light

 

SH and I watched Friday Night Lights tonight for the first time in so long that we couldn't remember which season we were on.

SH's project was all consuming. We have done almost nothing fun for the past six months. It's all been project, project, project. Then I had to get a job, so things got even worse.

There were no movies, no Friday Night Lights, no nothing. Just work work work.

I am very glad to have my husband back.

So SH was looking at the episode descriptions on the season 4 disc, which we thought was the one we were on, but which episode? Who's Becky? Who's Luke? Who are these new people we've never heard of before?

And I noticed that he was holding the case with his arm completely stretched out.

"Are you holding it far away so you can read it?" I asked in astonishment.

This is my husband who went 20 years without going to the dentist and 20 years without a cavity. His eye exam a few years ago - his first since he was a teenager, probably, showed that he had better than 20/20 vision.

But age comes for all of us. Some of us, more than others, but nobody escapes.


He nodded. "I think I'm going to have to get glasses."

Oh my. How the mighty have fallen.

No comments: