Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Marriage 501, Lecture 231: Priorities 2



Me: Are you going to get that wire cutter for me* or am I going to have to do it myself?

SH: What? Are you threatening to go into my tool area?

Me: Yes.

SH: You can't do that!

Me: Then you need to get it for me.

SH: Fine. When I get around to it. You have to give me notice.

Me: I asked you four days ago. I told you I would want to do it this weekend.

SH: Yeah, but that was when we weren't home. You need to ask me in the moment.

Me: Fine. I'm asking you now.

SH: But you're cooking! You can't do it now!

Me: I'm busy. You're not. So you can get it for me.

SH: I am so busy. I am reading the paper.




* So I can cut off the ends of the metal studs that are supposed to keep the decorative buttons attached to the top of my boots. Unfortunately, the manufacturer did not test what would happen to the buttons if the boots were put on chubby American legs or if they brushed against anything. What does happen is the buttons pop off. Sometimes, they pop off when the user is aware, but most recently, they popped off in an airport. At which point I said to heck with it, I'm removing all of them and sewing the little thingies to the boot.






No comments: