Saturday, January 26, 2013

Marriage 501, Lecture 652: Oldies but goodies



SH: What is that?

Me: That's the classic country station on jango.

SH: That is not classic!

Me: You're right. It's Blake Shelton. He is not classic.

SH: Now what are you changing it to?

Me: Hits from the '70s.

SH: That's my favorite music.

Me: Yeah, me, too. I think most people like the music of their youth the best because it reminds them of what seem to have been simpler, happier times.

SH: And it's just better than music now.

Me: That, too.


3 comments:

Gaylin said...

I was just thinking yesterday - where did rock 'n roll go? There is a lot of teeny bopper crap music, country crossover music and aging pop star music. Where is the rock?

rubiatonta said...

That's why I listen to radio on my smarty-pants phone -- either the Radio Paradise app, or Pates Tapes (on the web). You think there's nothing on the radio in the States, you should try it in Spain. Or don't. Just take my word for it.

Class factotum said...

Gaylin, it doesn't exist any more. So sad for the youth of today.

Rubi, I will have to look for those apps.