Monday, February 18, 2013

Marriage 543, Lecture 124: Can't live with you

SH: I decided. I'm going to the Middle East with you.

Me: That's just crazy.

SH: It will give me a ton of qualifying miles and I'll be able to get points for the hotel.

Me: I think you're nuts.

SH: I want to see it.

Me: It's not like Morocco. It's not interesting.

SH: I know. But I complain about the cities they build in the desert and I should see for myself.

Me: I'll have to work. I won't be able to spend time with you.

SH: But it will still be more fun for you to travel over there with me, won't it?

Me: Of course. But don't you want some time alone at the house? You always complain that you never get to be by yourself here.

SH: I know, but I thought about it. I don't have a Nighttime Wife any more.* And the weather is going to be crummy. It would be boring to be alone.

Me: I would think you would welcome the chance.

SH: If the weather were good, sure. But not now.





Christina has a boyfriend and is busy all the time now.

No comments: