Sunday, March 17, 2013

Marriage 501, Lecture 785: Last will


SH: Laverne is whining.

Me: As usual.

SH: She's worried she won't get supper.

Me: I know. Because we forget to feed her all the time.

SH: It could happen.

Me: It could.

SH: She worries about it.

Me: Because it could happen.

SH: You worry about things. Things that might not even happen.

Me: Like financial destitution?

SH: Yes. And about my going on a business trip and not coming back.

Me: Well, not so much on a business trip.

SH: Why not?

Me: Because if you were killed on a business trip, the insurance would be really good.

SH: So it's not my death that bothers you, it's the prospect of being left penniless?

Me: Yes.

SH: At least if I died, you wouldn't have to listen to my freakouts any more.

Me: Or your whining.

SH: But you would still have Laverne for whining.

No comments: