Saturday, March 16, 2013

Marriage 501, Lecture 787: What to do with the leftover drugs you can't sell on the street

SH: So you're not going to use any more of that melatonin.

Me: Nope.

You will remember that melatonin plus me is not a good combination. If there is a side effect to be had from a drug - hair loss, weight gain, nausea, dizziness - I will get it. I will get that side effect without getting any of the therapeutic benefit, as well. I will note that if weight loss is a side effect, I will not get that one.

SH: What am I supposed to do with it?

Me: You take melatonin.

SH: Yeah, but these are [tiny little amount] milligram tablets. It's a super-small dose. I take a [six times the dosage] tablet when I take it.

Me: Can't you just take six of the tiny ones?

SH [rolling eyes]: No!

Me: Why not?

SH: Because I'd have to chew six of them! And the pill with the larger dosage is actually smaller than these!

Me: So we're just going to waste them?

SH: We can give them away.

Me: What, in the bag of little hotel shampoos and soaps that we give to the homeless shelter?

SH: Maybe.

No comments: