Friday, May 31, 2013

Marriage 501, Lecture 672: It's a SOAP OPERA. You have to PAY ATTENTION

These days, we are watching Friday Night Lights about once a month. Not because I'm not willing but because SH is all caught up in his political stuff. I truly do not know how politicians ever get anyone normal to marry them. The only reason to marry a politician is if you never want to spend any time with him. (Or her, which of course goes without saying. We are quite hampered by the lack of a third-person singular non-sex specific pronoun. And no, "them" does not count. Why? Because it is not singular.)

Anyhow. We can never remember which episode we're on and we don't want to write on the DVD package because we will be donating the set to the library once we are through watching, although considering the following, perhaps we should just save it and watch it again in a few years. That is, one of us cannot remember anything from one episode to the next.

SH: Wait! What?! Becky's pregnant?! But she and Tim only kissed, I thought!

 Me: That's what we saw.

SH: Did they sleep together? They can't! She's underage! He wouldn't do that!

Me: Plus he's slept with her mother.

SH: I KNOW! So how can she be pregnant?

Me: I don't know.

SH: They kissed! How can she be pregnant?

Me: I don't know. No! Don't you dare pause that and rewind! [SH looooves to stop the show and back up to catch dialog he missed, usually because he's asking me a question. Then, when I tell him 1. the answer and 2. what the dialog was, he still insists on rewinding. I am always right. Always.]

SH: But! How can Becky be pregnant? SHE AND TIM DIDN'T SLEEP TOGETHER! Or did they?

Me: I. Don't. Know. Watch the show.

SH: How can she be pregnant?

Ten minutes later.

SH: What? JD is the father? How did that happen?

 Me: I don't know.

SH: But they didn't sleep together!

Me: Apparently they did.

SH: But when?

Me: I don't know. Just go with it.

No comments: