Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Marriage 501, Lecture 983: If you save 90% on something expensive, then of course you can buy new shoes

Me: Hey! Why'd you buy cake?

SH: It's from the bargain table. They had just put it out.

Me: But we have cake.

SH: We do? Where?

Me: It's in the freezer. That chocolate cake we got with the groupon.

SH: Oh! I forgot about that.

Me: How can you forget about cake?

SH: I don't know. But I was planning to get a brownie from [the new bakery in our neighborhood] and this was cheaper.

Me: We don't need brownies!

SH: It's cheaper than a beer. In beer units, it's only one half.

Me: Except just because you buy a brownie, it doesn't mean you would buy less beer.

SH: Nope.

Me: So the point is completely irrelevant.

SH: I was using it as a basis for comparison. It's a small expense.

1 comment:

Marilyn Leslie said...

Thank you for writing. You always bring a smile to my face.